somerset_mendip_circuit042007.jpg somerset_mendip_circuit042004.jpg somerset_mendip_circuit042002.jpg somerset_mendip_circuit042012.jpg
Wedmore
top
Next Church
somerset_mendip_circuit042011.jpg
Church Index
somerset_mendip_circuit042010.jpg
Site Map and Index
somerset_mendip_circuit042009.jpg
Sunday Worship 10.30 am


Location
Sand Road, BS28 4BZ

somerset_mendip_circuit008002.jpg
Minister Revd. Carol Chaplin

Services
Each Sunday at 10.30am (No regular Sunday School)
Family services are held on the third Sunday of each month.
Coffee, tea and biscuits are served on alternate Sundays
at the close of the service.

Senior Steward
Mr. Bill Hudson
Organist
Mrs. Hazel Hudson
Music books available: - Hymns and Psalms, Mission Praise One.
A remote control CD player is also available.
Worship leaders
Mrs. Barbara Ellis
Mrs. Joanna Horwood
Church Stewards
Mr. Bill Hudson
Mrs. Kate Durston
Mr. Reg Bradshaw
Senior Property Steward
Mr. Bill Hudson
Church Council Secretary
Mrs. Joanna Horwood
Junior Church Leader
Mrs. Joanna Horwood
Safeguarding Officer
Mrs. Joanna Horwood
Treasurer 
Mrs. Angeline Duckett 
Events organiser
Mrs. Gwen Fisher
Communion Steward
Mrs. Kate Durston Tel. 01934 712309
Christian Aid contact
Mr. Reg Bradshaw
Safety Officer
Mr. Reg Bradshaw
Cradle Roll Contact
Mrs. Jenny Fox



run your
mouse
over the
pictures
to change
somerset_mendip_circuit014001.jpg
A selection of pictures showing the roof, interior, Schoolroom, Church Organ and front , Vestry and outside views.
Church description and brief history
The church was built in 1817 replacing an earlier chapel which was built in 1795 on the site of the present Village Hall. It is a Grade 2 listed building built of local Wedmore Stone. The Sunday School Room was built in 1896 and the church was refurbished in 1901 when a porch was added. In 2008 the vestry was completely refurbished and new furniture installed.
The Church has a comfortable seating capacity of 144 and is equipped with an amplified Sound system and also a radio loop system for the hard of hearing: a roving microphone is available if required. There is a gallery at the rear of the church, a fine wind organ, a pulpit and lectern. The large school room has a stage and an impressive timber roof: a small kitchen and a toilet complete the indoor facilities. There is a graveyard (still operational) at the front of the church and a large car park at the rear. The membership of the church as at 1st September 2012 was 19.