Next Church
Church Index
Site Map and Index
Sunday Worship 11.00 am
Holy Communion Monthly
Healing Service once every four months
House Study Group during Lent

The Street, Ubley. Bristol. BS40 6PD

Services and Activities.
Welcome all to Worship and Fellowship.
Our Services are Led by our Ordained Ministers and Local Preachers. We have a small team willing to take our occasional Local Arrangement Services.

Delicious Cream Teas are served in the Schoolroom both Bank Holidays (Sunday and Monday) in May.

Fund Raising Events as and when throughout the year.
Contact Number
01761 462234
The Village of Ubley is mentioned in Domesday Book, and takes it's name from "Lord Ubba" and "Ley" (a clearing in the Forest). It is home to some 300 people, and lies on the north side of the Mendip Hills in the beautiful Chew Valley. It is surrounded by lofty, undulating hills which, on the northside are thickly wooded. The main A368 Bath to Weston-Super-Mare road passes through the village.
The Church, built in the Victorian style, is a Grade II listed building and was opened in December 1863. The Rev. Peter Mc Kenzie, a gifted preacher led the Sunday Afternoon and Evening Services. Some of the congregation came in horse drawn carriages from 15 miles away in Bristol. We have the origional opening poster framed inside the Church.
The Church enjoys the support of its small number of dedicated members and the wider village community. This level of support has in the last twenty years enables us to raise sufficient funds to re-roof the complete building (inclusive of schoolroom, toilet and kitchen).
The stained glass window (dating from 1908) has been restored, and there have been repairs made to stone mullion windows and glass.
The Victorian front porch has been completely restored, a new music system has been installed to enable an enhanced music facility (mixer and speakers).
The Pipe Organ (dating from 1888) is in good working order and is regularly maintained.
A New Central Heating System was installed throughout the premises in the Summer of 2007.