With a dozen or so regulars worshippers including members from one born and bred a few doors away to another form Ireland and friends
from the Philippines, the church tries to meet once a month to study together, share fellowship, and discuss ongoing business.
worship 11.00 a.m. Sundays; informal worship 6.30p.m. on the 4th Sunday
Uniformed organisations and The Town council join us to celebrate
harvest and many also come to the carol service followed by a tea, during Advent.
Axbridge is exploring a vision to use the church
building as a community resource - if possible to house a credit union and community computer, alongside a regular drop in centre
for coffee and advice on a range of available services.
On the 4th Sunday of each month we meet to worship, to seek God’s will for
his church in the town and to pray in a new congregation. It is hoped this might lead us to offer messy or/and café church in the
town but we await Gods own timing.
A local playmates playgroup meets in the hall underneath the church where there is also a small
Members of the church also involve themselves in the Town council and other groups and events that happen here.
church has many well wishers in the town and through them is able to raise funds for a nominated charity each year. This includes
an Anniversary coffee morning held in the church hall, and a Christmas coffee one held in the town hall. A very popular ploughman’s
lunch is offered in the garden of one of our members, and the church runs a stall at the ‘Somerset showcase’ each September.
from all our fundraising events are divided between the church and the charity for the year.
The church was built in 1850; at a cost of 500 pounds. It is a pleasant Gothic style building with a fine hall underneath the main
It is blessed with 10 beautiful stain glass windows. In 1907 and 1908, Sydney Hill JP, Langford House, donated four of them,
depicting Jesus with four apostles, and Jesus feeding the five thousand. The fifth window pictures of an Angel, was placed by J.A.
March. The sixth, Jesus as a Good Shepherd with a lamb was donated in memory of Charles Tilley and his wife.
The hall better known
as a school room is and has been used over the years as a small private school and a Sunday School. It is currently used by a playgroup.
Minister. Revd C Chaplin
Church Stewards: Edith Channon; Yvonne Chamberlain; Doreen Terry
Communion Stewards:Yvonne Chamberlain
Church Council Secretary: Edith Channon
Church Treasurer: Doreen Terry
Worship Leaders: Readers and Intercessors
Church Life Team Contacts
Worship: Doreen Terry/ Edith Channon